Personal Data collected for the following purposes and using some or all of the following services:
- Analytics Google Analytics Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data
- Contacting the User Contact form Personal Data: address, city, first name, last name, and state
- Content commenting Content commenting managed directly
- Device permissions for Personal Data access Personal Data: Camera permission, Phone permission, Precise location permission (non-continuous) and Storage permission
Owner and Data Controller
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processingThe Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data. The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT-enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Application (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
Legal basis of processingThe Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations, the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- processing is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
PlaceThe Data is processed at the Owner’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data. Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data. If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Owner using the information provided in the contact section.
Retention timePersonal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose for which they have been collected. Therefore:
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
The purpose of processingThe Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its Services, as well as for the following purposes: Analytics, Device permissions for Personal Data access, Contacting the User and Content commenting. Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and the specific Personal Data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
Device permissions for Personal Data accessDepending on the User’s specific device, this Application may request certain permissions that allow it to access the User’s device Data as described below. By default, these permissions must be granted by the User before the respective information can be accessed. Once the permission has been given, it can be revoked by the User at any time. To revoke these permissions, Users may refer to the device settings or contact the Owner for support at the contact details provided in the present document. The exact procedure for controlling app permissions may be dependent on the User’s device and software. Please note that the revoking of such permissions might impact the proper functioning of this Application. If the User grants any of the permissions listed below, the respective Personal Data may be processed (i.e. accessed to, modified, or removed) by this Application.
Camera permissionUsed for accessing the camera to allow Users to capture images and video from the device.
Phone permissionUsed for accessing a host of typical features associated with telephony. This enables, for instance, read-only access to the “phone state”, which means it enables access to the phone number of the device, current mobile network information, or the status of any ongoing calls.
Precise location permission (non-continuous)Used for accessing the User’s precise device location. This Application may collect, use, and share User location Data to provide location-based services. The geographic location of the User is determined in a manner that isn’t continuous. This means that this Application can’t derive the exact position of the User continuously.
Storage permissionUsed for accessing shared external storage, including the reading and adding of any items.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal DataPersonal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
Contacting the UserContact form (this Application) By filling in a form with their Data, the User authorizes this Application to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes, or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header. Personal Data collected: address, city, first name, last name, and state.
Content commentingContent commenting services allow Users to make and publish their comments on the contents of this Application. Depending on the settings chosen by the Owner, Users may also leave anonymous comments. If there is an email address among the Personal Data provided by the User, it may be used to send notifications of comments on the same content. Users are responsible for the content of their comments. Comment system managed directly (this Application) This Application has its internal content comment system. Personal Data collected: username.
Device permissions for Personal Data accessThis Application requests certain permissions from Users that allow it to access the User’s device Data as described below. Device permissions for Personal Data access (this Application) This Application requests certain permissions from Users that allow it to access the User’s device Data as summarized here and described within this document. Personal Data collected: Camera permission, Phone permission, Precise location permission (non-continuous), and Storage permission.
The rights of UsersUsers may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner. In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if. Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing, and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of, or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.